Monday, October 10, 2005

This...is hilarious.

Before everyone starts screaming at me for repeating these lyrics, I want you to start humming "Money For Nothing," by the awesome band Dire Straits. Now read the lyrics while singing the words below to that tune.

Now lookie here people
Listen to my story
A little story 'bout a man named Jed
You know something, that poor mountaineer
They say he barely kept his family fed
Now, let me tell you
One day he was shootin'
Old Jed was shootin' at some food
When all of a sudden right up from the ground, there
Well, there came a bubblin' crude
Oil that is--well, maybe you call it
Black gold or Texas tea
He's gonna move next to Mr. Drysdale
And be a Beverly hillbilly
Before you know it, all the kinfolk are a-sayin'
Yeah, buddy, move away from there
That little Clampett got his own cement pond
That little Clampett, he's a millionaire
Now, everyone said Californie
Is the place that you oughta be
We got to load up this here truck now
We got to move to Beverly...

The great thing is, the above satire was done by none other than Weird Al. Which is the first time in history, I believe, that a Jewish rocker has ever been parodied by another Jewish "rocker."

2 Comments:

Blogger Mad Fiddler said...

Here I am, a LIFELONG musician, and I can't remember the tune to "Money fer Nuthin" to save my STINKING LIFE! Rats.

From now on, if you're going to refer to music, you should post a link to a downloadable MPG file...>;^D

What if Weird Al had gone ahead and become a practicing Architect?

3:30 PM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

There. It's not an MPEG, it's a MIDI. No one I know has any clue how to upload MP3 files onto the web, so for now, badly synthesized music will have to do.
I'm only being half-serious; the electronically-generated guitar and bass riffs actually aren't too bad, considering.
The site has the (original) lyrics too.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home