Monday, August 22, 2005

Okay, in response to a (very welcome) post from one my anonymous readership, here is what has been going on in my life thus far:

-My dad and I went to Chincoteague (on the eastern shore of VA) for vacation from August 13th-18th. I spent a lot of time in the sun and as a result I got severe sunburn on an ellipse covering my shoulders and in a bunch of Jackson Pollock-esque smears down my back. This developed into a cold-like state in which I got a fever, headaches, and ultimately a sore throat which is now being treated with penicillin.

-I came back from vacation and prepared to return to W & M in my usual laggardly way. My room is spectacular; expect pictures of it very soon, after I've finished straightening up a little. We have three windows, closets, built in shelves, central AC, and over two hundred square feet of floor space. After a visit to the Bursar's office to clear up some billing problems and a trip to the medical center for the aforementioned penicillin, things have been running rather smoothly.

-I also now have to marry the lovely Maria--or one of us has to throw the other off of the Crim Dell Bridge. Those of you who know the legend of the Crim Dell Bridge know that to which I refer. For those of you who don't, Google "Crim Dell Bridge." You can also find a section talking about the legend on the Wikipedia entry for "College of William and Mary."

And, for those of you who care, here is my schedule for the upcoming semester:

Monday
Instrument Analysis 9:00 - 9:50 AM
Physical Chemistry I 10:00 - 10:50 AM
Modern German Critical Thought II 11:00 - 11:50 AM

Tuesday
Creative Writing, Poetry 5:00 - 7:30 PM

Wednesday
Instrument Analysis 9:00 - 9:50 AM
Physical Chemistry I 10:00 - 10:50 AM
Modern German Critical Thought II 11:00 - 11:50 AM
Instrument Analysis Lab 1:00 - 4:50 PM

Thursday
Physical Chemistry Lab 1:00 - 5:20 PM
Instrument Analysis Lab 7:00 - 7:50 PM
Physical Chemistry Lab 7:50 - 8:50 PM

Friday
Instrument Analysis 9:00 - 9:50 AM
Physical Chemistry I 10:00 - 10:50 AM
Modern German Critical Thought II 11:00 - 11:50 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Dymphna said...

Room sounds great.
Send ISBNs.

Packages mailed today from central Lil' Kumquat po. One went Priority, one regular mail. The first had your ID in it--it's a box. The latter is a LARGE bubble mailer with just odds and ends. Three guesses which gets there first.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

Three things at a time. Tomorrow I see the doctor again, go to the bookstore, and look for a job. Everything good comes in threes...

1:08 AM  
Blogger Dymphna said...

I like your ideas of trinities.

When I have time I'll email you a Tarot reading I did. Four majors and most interesting. Looks good for money or for practical things...like your lovely room.

Somewhere in your threes, put looking for your rug.

Umm...good things come in threes and there are only two of you in that picture. I presume that the tertium quid in this case is your good angel? The one besides Maria, I mean.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

Or the cool roommate.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home