Tuesday, May 03, 2005

When enough stress isn't enough after all

You know, considering that I'm in the middle of the drama of exams, looking for work, and such, that I'd be able to avoid the drama of girls. And for the most part I do. But somehow they manage to find me anyway. This past weekend, Unnamed Girl #1 came down to visit Williamsburg and in the process asked me out for dinner. It went very well, until we started talking about...er...rather emotional issues. It's the same kind of discussion we've had before, but during this particular she got up from where we were sitting.
Walked away. I thought this kind of shit only happened in movies.
At any rate, there's other aspects to this story, but the main thing is: I don't trust people that walk away from me. If they can do it once, they'll most likely do it again. It's disrespectful, it's rude, and it shows an unwillingness to face the reality of the situation. Good riddance.
The second Unnamed Girl has decided that I am a danger to her relationship with her roommate. The roommate, you see, finds me scary and threatening to some degree; she may or may not have used the term stalking. Never mind that Girl #2 is in Delaware (300 miles away) and that she found me over this blog; no, somehow it all comes back to being my fault. So anyways, the long and short of it is that Girl #2 is "friends" with me in the sense that we can talk whenever her roommate is not around. She also refuses to add me on Facebook lest she incur her roommate's wrath.
So yeah. Cutting her loose too. Don't need this kind of dead weight on my life. I have enough problems as it is--girls with other problems are not necessary at this point.
I'm hoping I'll find sanity in this unholy mess. But it probably won't be this week.

9 Comments:

Blogger Baron Bodissey said...

Dude! You took a leaf from Hank's book and kissed their sorry *sses goodbye! Awesome.

Sometimes chicks just have to be taught a lesson, y'know? So chill.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Arrowatch said...

There are times this is beneficial... But be careful never to cut all your ties with anyone.

"The stream may flow away from the mountain, and to the ocean, but will always start and end on the mountain."

Confucius says "He who builds himself a strong door neglects to build a strong wall." And if he didn't, he should have.

12:33 AM  
Blogger celestial_elisha said...

Not all things land perfectly on our lap, sometimes we have to work for it to acheive it especially when it comes to true love. Everyone has imperfections, wether it's because they are unwilling to face the reality of certain situations or they have a paranoid roommate. Heck, even we have our own imperfections. Sometimes we just have to work on other's flaws and try to improve them, at the same time improving on our own flaws to make it fair. Other times, we just have to accept them for who they are. You don't always have to cut ties with someone just because you stumbled upon a big rock on your path. You might just need to push this boulder aside and who knows, it might just be worth it.

Your situation with girl #1 is quite complicated because it applies the "men are from mars, women are from venus" thing. Meaning, you need to know and understand what this girl is thinking and feeling to set things straight. Btw, you've got a point with the walking away thing.

As for girl #2, you two seem to be getting along just fine and her roommate is the one who is ruining your relationship. Sadly, girl #2 is letting her. She sounds like she values her friends a lot, but she should learn to vouch for you once in a while. She should also clear her roommate's mind and make her see things straight and understand that you are not a stalker (you aren't, right?) so she can leave the two of you alone and you can finally live happily ever after. I mean, would you let others ruin your(the two of you) relationship?

4:24 AM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

There are many times I have held on in the hope that I could fix a bad situation or at least wait for it to get better. But a wiser man than I once said, "When the pain of holding on becomes greater than the pain of letting go, you'll let go." And so I did. It was too much to hold onto a pipe dream, to an ideal that could not be true. In this case, the ideal was simple friendship, and sometimes that is not possible. When people refuse to hear me, or refuse who I am out of fear or anger, then I feel it necessary not to associate with them. I do not deny the possibility of future companionship; however, I have to look out for myself at this point.

And people with excess baggage will surely keep me stuck in a blue funk.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Dymphna said...

People with "excess baggage" (or maybe that's Excess Baggage)will, at some point, demand that you carry a few of their trunks and suitcases.

As the same wise man said, we're all on a boat. The boat carries our suitcases along with us,thus we can set them down on the deck. Some of us, however, insist on keeping a grip on our grip...can't trust the boat to carry the baggage.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

On a random note: K, how come I never see you online and not away anymore...??

8:31 PM  
Blogger jinnderella said...

Men have died....and worms have eaten them.
But not for love. ;)

2:46 PM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

Love is war. And war is hell.

3:26 PM  
Blogger celestial_elisha said...

Alright then, I concur!

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home