Thursday, May 12, 2005

Halfway Done

At the end of last year, I did a somewhat maudlin and sentimental post about the last night in my room in Taliaferro. This year I wasn't able to do a last post from Pleasants 108, for a variety of reasons.

However, you won't find me emoting like last year. Sure, it's sad that it's the end of another era, another stage in my life. Those are always enough to make you feel a bit misty-eyed. But after all I've seen this year, I realize what I have ahead of me. And in these past few days...well...what can I say about something this amazing? I haven't felt this way, this amazed and overcome, for six years. And yes, there is some ambiguity in what I'm saying here--I don't want to give away too much because I'm not sure where things are leading me yet.

The thing is, though, is that I really do believe that everything will unfold the way it should. Without that, what do I have to hope for? I believe that eventually I'll end up where I need to be, and that things will fall into place somehow. And I can learn to be OK with things...I really think I can learn. I have a lot of time to do so.

I'm not afraid anymore. I don't think I have to be. Even though I have no idea where I'm going, I know that I will find out eventually. And after all that's happened I have reason to believe I'll be all right in the end.


Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I finally find
You and I collide...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congradulations notching another year under your belt....

So now you are an upperclassman.

The mantra is the same..If I can survive W&M, I can survive anything...

Have a great summer..

C. Durfor

10:02 PM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

You as well, Mr. Durfor. I'm glad to know it was like that when you were around too. "Where your best hasn't been good enough since 1693."

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home