Thursday, May 19, 2005

A few updates...

The Air, Water, and Soil Lab job is mine, provided I can find a place to live. (I neglected to mention: J.P., from the infamous Taliaferro Tower, graciously recommended me for the job he is leaving next week, as his band is going on summer tour.) This is looking better and better, as a friend of our family's has some relative down there who either owns or lets houses on West Broad, which is where AWS is located. It'll be kind of cool living on my own, I suppose, if indeed I really am. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Grades are looking okay. I'm all right with being unimpressive. I didn't get anything under a B (technically) and the all-consuming Physics is gone from my life forever. Compared to my freshman year, this is a magnificent victory. My HS guidance counselor is proud of me--why shouldn't I be, too? (Proud, that is.)

The situation with Maria...it's a bit more complicated. I was hesitant at first to put the situation out here, but I figure I have little to lose by talking about it. It's really hard to tell where it's going to go--she's on a threshold, and all I can do is support her. I can't always advise her, because my feelings get in the way. That's the problem when things turn romantic; you have to come to grips with the fact that your feelings are much more likely to be self-centered than other-centered. And at a time like this, I'm assuming she needs more support than advice, and advice is what she has brothers and parents for.

I care about her, and I know she cares about me. I've never felt it returned in such a warm fashion, and I'm glad for its presence in my life. If my trust hasn't been restored, at least some of my hope and faith have been. Love doesn't has to prove its permanance...it merely has to make its potential known.

That's deep enough for 1:00 AM. I'm going to bed. Take care, everyone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of your support. I'm looking forward to seeing you. :)

11:24 AM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

Emilie: I appreciate it. I'm sorry I haven't been able on the 'net as much lately, but without my high-speed connection I'm usually not on in the early afternoon while at home. Take care--hopefully we'll talk again soon...

Maria: I look forward to seeing you as well. Of course. :-)

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home