Thursday, March 31, 2005

Things I would have never expected to see/happen
-a 75 on the Physics test that I am on record as saying "I tanked"
-notification that the FAFSA deadline doesn't really matter (we shall see if this is true)
-a jazz trio playing at the Caf

For those of you that I haven't told, the "New Caf" is now located in a giant tent while they renovate the Commons. As tents go it's pretty decent; it has adequate heating/cooling, flooring, lighting, etc., and the food is fairly unchanged (not that it could have gotten much worse). Tonight is technically the "Grand Opening" even though the damn thing's been open more'n a week. Anyways, there was a trio (keyboard, sax, and bass) playing Benny Goodman tunes when I walked in. I had been planning on getting takeout since I was by myself; however, Joe Mason spotted me and waved so I went over and ate with him, Tyler, and their friend Matt.
During the meal Joe showed me this t-shirt he won in a raffle. It was a girl's t-shirt, with "WILLIAM & MARY" in pink on it, and it probably would have been a snug fit on a petite 14-year-old. He decided that he needed to try it on, so he stands up in the middle of the Caf, takes his shirt off, and puts the ladies' shirt on. It looked like Under-Armor with short sleeves; fairly skin tight. Joe looked pretty comical wearing that, pajama pants, a huge floppy stocking cap, and sandals. Like a beach bum but with less dignity, I guess.
They really should have live music in University Dining Facilities more often. It made the mediocre food taste better. Maybe we should petition Student Assembly to get a permanent jazz band to play in the Commons or the UC on a regular basis.

3 Comments:

Blogger Baron Bodissey said...

Or you could do drama. For example, just to pick a suggestion out of the blue: "The Assassination of Julius Caesar". Friends, Romans, etc.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Dymphna said...

Nah, "stick" with the music. It works.

Satie is curing Moe. He is becoming his formerly thin, urbane self.

Think what it could do for the psyches of college students if played at meals on a regular basis...

How utterly kewl, as jinnji might say.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

You know, if she weren't too old for it, I would worry that you guys were about to adopt her...

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home