Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Consider it a work-in-progress

*sigh* My better judgement tells me I shouldn't put this up...but...eh. The tentative title is "On Growing Old":

I hope that when the youth has left my soul
And age's wisdom to its reign ascends
That this same heart still beats within me, whole
As though its numbered hours had no end.
I hope that when these days have passed us by
That we will find our paths have crossed once more
Away from fickle passion's hue and cry,
And stormy swells of ardor's rocky shores.
And as the autumn of your life draws near
I hope that being with me brings you joy
And memories, with a smile and a tear:
A blushing girl loved by a quiet boy.
I'd never weep for years I've spent alone
If at their end I called your love my own.

3 Comments:

Blogger Baron Bodissey said...

Is this going to have a tune?

6:35 AM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

Maybe the sound of me beating out that rhythm on a drum.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Dymphna said...

I hope that when the youth has left my soul...
...That this same heart still beats within me
I used to worry about this, too. The other day I was driving home and chewing bubble gum. Blew HUGE bubbles very artfully. Realized the youth ain't left my soul a 'tall, a' tall...'tis still me...

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home