Sunday, February 27, 2005

Whew.

Not really quite sure what to say. I'm not always sure who reads this blog on a regular basis, and since I tend to be an open book in real life I prefer to be somewhat more enigmatic on here.

That being said, I guess I should be feeling a lot of pain right now. Racking, soul-searing pain. But I don't. It's not that I'm not sad, or upset, or disappointed. But I just don't seem to be able to summon up the strength to sustain that kind of grief. Howard Roark said in The Fountainhead "Maybe it hurts so much that I don't even know I'm hurt. But I don't think so...it goes only down to a certain point and then it stops."
And I don't think I'm numb. I think I'm just ready to move on.


Don't you know that I go crazy
But I've nothing left to give
Though I'll miss you for a while
Don't you know that I go crazy
But you're on your own tonight
Though you know I'll miss your smile...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home