Sunday, February 27, 2005

Whew.

Not really quite sure what to say. I'm not always sure who reads this blog on a regular basis, and since I tend to be an open book in real life I prefer to be somewhat more enigmatic on here.

That being said, I guess I should be feeling a lot of pain right now. Racking, soul-searing pain. But I don't. It's not that I'm not sad, or upset, or disappointed. But I just don't seem to be able to summon up the strength to sustain that kind of grief. Howard Roark said in The Fountainhead "Maybe it hurts so much that I don't even know I'm hurt. But I don't think so...it goes only down to a certain point and then it stops."
And I don't think I'm numb. I think I'm just ready to move on.


Don't you know that I go crazy
But I've nothing left to give
Though I'll miss you for a while
Don't you know that I go crazy
But you're on your own tonight
Though you know I'll miss your smile...

1 Comments:

Blogger gerridyer said...

Ah and who the hell cares who your audience is...besides, ever thought of being enigmatic in real life and that proverbial open book here? Make for interesting reading, now wouldn't it?

As for the dastardly dude who left you bleeding here, there's a wee drop of an Irish curse to smooth the wrinkles on the bedspread of your soul:

May those who love us love us.
And those that don't love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping
.

Just don't let 'em hit you with their crutch...

Besides, how about some old rock and roll to navigate by...

"I went to a garden party to reminisce with my old friends
A chance to share old memories and play our songs again
When I got to the garden party, they all knew my name
No one recognized me, I didn't look the same

[chorus]
But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well.
You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself
..

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home