Monday, February 21, 2005

Today I got up at noon. For those of you who know me well, you will realize with some shock that this is anywhere from one to three hours ahead of schedule for me. After lunch with Sasha I did my homework while listening to a Guster album, resolved some differences with Hank about use of the futon (civilly, I might add--I apologized and Hank was a perfect gentleman about the whole thing), arranged a phone interview with Col. Hank's Dad pertaining to my MiliSci presentation, got dinner and watched Aqua Teens while waiting for my laundry to finish, went with Hank and Alan to Wawa, and folded my laundry and neatly put it away.
So why do I feel that I've been so unproductive today? What am I guilty about?

Maybe I'm just nervous about that damn presentation. Captain Mensch tore the last group to shreds and they had a really good presentation. He's a good guy, but he can really pummel you when he's in the mood. For instance, my good friend Steve Draheim was giving his presentation thusly:

Draheim: So we see that...
CPT Mensch: Wait a minute. Rewind to that last slide. [Cdt. Purser does so] What's that weapons system that the Marine on the right is holding?
Draheim: Ah, that's an AT-4, Sir.
CPT Mensch: And what kind of gun is that soldier holding?
Draheim: A .50-cal, Sir.
CPT Mensch: Okay. Keep going.

I mean, if this were MLSC 401 I could see being that hard on a guy. But MiliSci 102? The thing is, Draheim is one of the more capable guys in our class. You think Mensch would pick on a loser like Gopon. Or maybe he sees more potential in Draheim and wants to put him through the wringer to make sure that Draheim achieves said potential.
At any rate, as Sasha and I agreed last night, it sucks royally for Draheim and isn't what he deserves. He's a really good guy and I hate to see him like that. Especially since I know I'd probably cave under fire like that from a superior...

6 Comments:

Blogger Baron Bodissey said...

What in the name of perdition is (or are) "Aqua Teens"? Freshmen in Crim Dell with cinderblocks tied to their ankles? Or porpoises who like to IM their friends on their Aqua-Palms, and drink tequila seaweed cocktails in the basement when Mom 'n' Dad are off visiting Auntie Narwhal?

7:38 AM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

It's the cartoon I showed you that time. The one with the talking milkshake, box of fries, and ball of meat. Remember? The one you guys didn't find all that funny but that Creigh and Betsy loved?

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait till you see what they've done at your home. Everyone up by 8:00 am every day. Including all the animals--college people and guests, too.

Regime change is hell. YOu might want to consider alternate living arrangements until they keel over.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Baron Bodissey said...

I remember. I thought it was "Aquatine", for some reason. It's still a peculiar name, though...

11:49 AM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

Who's the Anonymous?

1:21 AM  
Blogger Baron Bodissey said...

It is the renowned dymphna.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home