Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Squalor...or just Male College Life?



I like this picture not in spite of the fact that my room looks like Hell on a Monday, or that Danny and Hank are sprawled in such slothful and indolent positions, but because of those facts. Messiness, disorder, and general unloveliness are the hallmarks of male college life. Girls tidy up their rooms every week, do laundry, vacuum, sweep, whatever--I shake my rug out every so often and vacuum when the dust kittens have evolved into full grown dust panthers. Plus, there's the "coffee table" up on cinderblocks, which is so incredibly College Kid chic that if you don't get it, I can't explain it to you.
So yeah, if you were thinking of commenting something along the lines of "GEE WHAT A DISGUSTING ROOM!!!!1 LOLZ" then sorry I beat you to the punch. You're going to have to come up with something more original.

2 Comments:

Blogger LRK said...

You realize, there was a study out there just recently that says if you keep a messy desk (or a messy room) that you are far more likely to get ill.

No, don't pull the germ theory on me! It wont work. Thats only for kids developing their acquired immunity.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

I'm already sick. It's a disease I call "adolescence."

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home