Saturday, January 15, 2005

For those of you who are interested, I have created an Enneagram quiz using the wonderful tools on Quizilla (quite a task on a 28.8K modem). The Enneagram, if you are not acquainted with it, is a fascinating personality typification that places you in one of nine categories. Like many psychological tools, it is needs or deficit-based. That is, your type is determined by what you are seeking--be it order, love, success, self-awareness, knowledge, security, excitement, order, or harmony. Even if you're not usually the kind of person who's into online tests, I'd suggest that you take it; if your results interest or intrigue you, you may want to check out the Enneagram Institute and perhaps check out one of the many books on the subject.
WARNING: I, personally, was very upset when I discovered my type (I have since come to a semi-peace with my quirks and foibles). Coming face-to-face with who you are can be very unsettling--tread carefully if you are easily jarred!

7 Comments:

Blogger mim said...

Hi -- I randomly stumbled across your site by clicking on the next blog thingie, but anyhows, I liked that quiz:) So just wanted to say thanks for making it. Also, just outta curiousity, why are you using 28.8? Cos that's just... ouch:p

2:14 AM  
Blogger E.S. May said...

Gryffilion's Dad here -- Mr. Darkblade is at home for the Christmas break right now, and we live in a remote rural area with a dialup line. We have 56K modems on our machines, but it does no good, because the line to the house can only handle 28.8.

We eagerly await DSL here in the Outback...

When he gets back to W&M next week, he'll have a connection that makes his old man green with envy.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

Nice to meet you, mim. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Out of curiosity--if you don't mind sharing--what Type did the quiz categorize you as?

3:55 AM  
Blogger mim said...

Ah ha! It's all clear now:)
Actually, I should've guessed about the dialup since my parents have the same sitch...they get a 28.8 max connection on their 56k modem. Alas for me when I visit:
I was rated a 5... I don't know if I feel it to be v. accurate, but it's not completely inaccurate, and anyhows, I always feel like these things are good to think about regardless.

So you never said what type you are that was so unsettling...

5:05 AM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

I'm an Four, and perversely proud of the fact. My earlier reflect a sort of painful introspection--interspersed in my healthier moments with some degree of self-aware irony (the more you see, the better off I am). I love symbols and symbolism as creative respresentations of spiritual energy, and I can be a self-absorbed and moody brat.
Did you check out the Enneagram Institute website? You might also try typing something to the effect of "Enneagram Type Five" into Google and see what you get. After all, you Fives DO love to investigate. ;-)

5:30 AM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

...that should say "earlier posts reflect" etc.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the quiz. It all makes sense now. I'm a 5 and I'm really a five. No surprise.

Thanks again.

Brian
Ohio

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home