Monday, December 06, 2004

For all we know
These days are all numbered
And things will get better I hope
'Cause I'll be the first and the last one to go
Lord, it's a cruel, cruel world without love...

Argh. Blogger ate my earlier post. Which is all for the best, I guess. It was mainly just me bitching about exams. Although I did have a nice time this weekend: Emily "Bright Eyes" from EYC came down with her family for Grand Illumination, the fireworks celebration thing that goes on here in December. I love hanging out with Emily--she's got such a bouncy personality and it rubs off on you until you're just as blonde and hyper as she is.
Also this weekend I had the weirdest dream that I was watching a total eclipse of the Earth from the moon. It was very cool and a bunch of other people (Hank, Stephanie, Max, Ben, etc.) were there, and we were all excited and jazzed--but I clearly remember saying "It's going to be a hell of a long trip. I mean, it's neat and everything, but was it really worth the distance we had to travel?"
So yeah. Everything on Earth is in tune, but the Earth is eclipsed by the moon, and Will is left fretting about whether or not it was worth traveling this far to see it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Baron Bodissey said...

Well, at least credit the quote...

9:31 AM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

It's "For All We Know" by Further Seems Forever.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Dymphna said...

Seems like your dream is a metaphor for the despair of undergraduate life...ie, is it really worth it to work this hard and for this long with so little return on your effort.

This perennial question will haunt those who follow you even more. The charter deal that UVA, Tech, and WM are putting together will result in annual 10% tuition increases for the next five years.

Or is your dream about the relativity of POV? Being on the moon looking at an eclipse of Earth is certainly not the usual way we frame things.

Well, whatever it means,it means it to *you* and not me. It seems to say that you should stand in a different perspective in order to see what there is to see in a given situation, and that you should carefully question the work required to get there and to return...

I'm curious: when you were standing there were you at all aware, even in the back of your mind, about the dark side of the moon?

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home