Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Usually, this sort of thing is done on Live Journals, but I think I'm going to try it out on here anyway. The deal is, I put down ten lines/lyrics from ten songs and you name the song and artist (and album, if you're especially knowledgeable). I don't expect many responses on this but whatever. Maybe some new reader stumbling across it will happen to recognize a favorite line. Or something. I can keep hoping, I guess. And anyway, it beats me just putting down random lyrics without any preamble.

1) "I got no secret purpose--I don't seem obvious, do I?"
2) "There's no sensation to compare with this/Suspended animation, a state of bliss..."
3) "I'm not a miracle and you're not a saint/Just another soldier on a road to nowhere..."
4) "Can't let love spoil my chances, can't let that girl stand in my way..."
5) "The exodus is here, the happy wander near/Let's get together before we get much older..."
6) "So old, I feel just like somebody else/Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same..."
7) "I'll take a quiet life, a handshake of carbon monoxide..."
8) "...The story of your life is always yours to trade away."
9) "You take in everything with a certainty I envy/It's somehow all I need/Just keep me guessing, please..."
10) "And at this rate I'll swear my life away to make you stay/A lonely boy who steals love he can't borrow..."

All righty then. Have at it, if you care to.

9 Comments:

Blogger celestial_elisha said...

Er... sorry. I don't recognize a single line. I'm not a music person anyway.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Dymphna said...

Umm...can you translate those back into Latin? Then I might have a go at it.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Baron Bodissey said...

4. Horslips, "I'll be Waiting", The Man Who Built America.

5. The Who, "Baba O'Reilly", Who's Next.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

Good job, Baron. Two points, with bonuses for getting the albums.
Don't either of you recognize one of the other songs on there? (#8, anyone?)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Baron Bodissey said...

No. Should I? Are any others more than 25 years old?

12:13 PM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

Wrong on #2. IM me to find out what it was.
Right on number 6. I don't know the album either.

And yes, Baron, you should know that song. I played it over Fall Break.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Baron Bodissey said...

Well, my short-term-memoryometer currently reads .006, so it's no wonder!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Gryffilion said...

It also had the line "Mama married money and Daddy by mistake." Ring any bells?

10:40 PM  
Blogger Baron Bodissey said...

I remember that one, the Living Room guy -- is it Danny Schmidt?

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home