Monday, November 29, 2004

Thanksgiving was really nice. I've probably said this to anyone who reads my blog already, but it was the first time my entire (remaining) family has been together in one place (for a non-tragic event) in about a decade or so. My brother Jamie actually showed up, which is unusual. The routine is, he promises to come and talks about how great it's going to be and then never shows up and never explains why he didn't come. This year, though, he came with my brother-in-law, nephew, niece and grandniece. The grandniece (Kirsten) had a brief territorial dispute with her first cousin, once removed Geneva, but they eventually settled it and went around basically being photogenic.
My nephew came home with us and he and I spent the rest of our break playing computer games and watching movies. He's a really good kid--considering the insane household he grew up/is growing up in, he's got his head on straight. I only hope he can maintain it through his high school years.
And considering the crazy family in which I live--I am completely astounded and gratified that this year's Thanksgiving didn't end in a fight or a drama. I dunno what's wrong with us...we're not being our (ab)normal selves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Baron Bodissey said...

Hey! Wot is zees "normal", meinheer?

5:07 PM  
Blogger Dymphna said...

I was looking thru a window and it looked pretty abnormal to me.

Like, I notice you didn't mention no one was watching the football game. Only family in America sitting around on Thanksgiving watching two guys play guitar.

Also, I got a notice from some large bird today. He sends his profound gratitude that everyone ate ham and chicken. Only family in America...

And you think it was normal? Hmmm.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home