Friday, August 06, 2004

Wow, what a week this has been.
On Tuesday, I went into Charlottesville (C-Ville, if you're nasty) to see my brother Jamie play at the Blue Moon Diner. He and his fiddle player, Rollin (who are also in the Eden Party pictures in the link at the right *hint hint*) were there, as well as Spencer, who was playing stand-up bass, and Tom, who was playing a bongo. Rollin is a bloody fantastic fiddle player--I've never heard anyone play the way that man can. Anyways, I was playing around on Jamie's guitar in the side room during their break when Rollin came in and said:
"Hey! Let's go in and play something! It'll really kick Jamie's ass! You're better than him!"
The last one was a blatant lie but I said, sure, why not? We went in and I played "Acoustic #3" by the Goo Goo Dolls and "Ghosts" by Horslips while Rollin just jammed around on the fiddle. I swear, all I have to do is give him the key I'm in and he can make a friggin' concerto out of the song we're playing.
Then, last night, I went down to the mall with Dave, George and Neill--Dave and George are/were my two supervisors (since yesterday was my last day of work), and Neill is their Geordie brother-in-law. We hit up South Street Brewery, Christian's Pizza, and finally Miller's, where we played pool for a few hours. Then we went downstairs and sat outside to listen to the Jazz that the band inside was playing (which was the ostensible reason we went into town, anyway), during which time we messed around with the waitresses and various people sitting outside with us. Our particular waitress was wearing a shirt that said "Built Iris Tough" with the word "Iris" inside the Ford blue oval, so we called her Iris the rest of the night. I toyed with the idea of trying to say, "Ah, sure an' I can see why they call ye Iris; you're like a lovely flower in bloom," but decided that alcohol was required for such antics. I left that sort of thing to Dave and George.
Anyways, it was a great week to end my summer and end my time at New Age. I only wish more of my summer could have been like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home