Monday, May 31, 2004

Well, this weekend started really horribly and ended well. Dad and I went out on Saturday to run a few errands and go to the library, but as we were driving past the field on our left Dad noticed something on the verge in the weeds. We stopped and got out--to make a long story short, it turned out to be George, our calico cat, dead by the side of the road. He was apparently hit in the head by a car and killed instantly. We took him home and buried him in an old medicine cabinet (don't ask where it came from--I forget) on the northern edge of the yard, with Spencer and Aka, the other gone-but-not-forgotten cats of the Eden household.
So now our cat family has lost its head. No more George begging by the door, no more George demanding food, no more George lying near my bed in the morning, stretching out in the sunshine. No more of the loveable, annoying things he used to do. *sigh* I'm gonna miss him.
On a somewhat better note, we went to David and Jennifer Spears' Memorial Day party today. I brought my twelve string and met a few other guitarists, one of whom also played mandolin. He got it out and David got his bass and we jammed for a long time. We played some blues, a few songs like "Wish You Were Here" and "Uncle John's Band." Then the guitar/mandolin player, Tom, played "Friend of the Devil" and I joined in. We messed around for a long time--too bad there were no girls my age there. Oh well. Next time. It was a lot of fun anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home