Thursday, April 15, 2004

"What's your damage, little boy??"

Wanna know how I'm feeling? Well, in the spirit of methaphor and simile a la Tennyson, whom I just so happen to be analyzing for a paper, I'll respond by telling a joke:

A group of economists decides to take a vacation in the Blue Ridge Mountains. They're hiking along one of the many trails and they finally decide that they don't quite know where they are. So the leader pulls out his map and compass and starts looking at it. Finally, after about five minutes, one of them gets impatient and asks, "Well, where the hell are we?" The leader looks up and points to a distant peak and says "On that mountain over there."

Well, that's about how it's going for me too. Never quite sure where I am but nevertheless "locked towards the future," as Cat Stevens says, so at least I know where I'm going. I think I'm going to hit up Wawa tonight--lab really took it out of me and I still haven't eaten yet. Later all.
Oh, yes...the sun was out today! All day! About damn time!!


I'm waitin', waitin' on a sunny day
Gonna chase the clouds away
Waitin' on a sunny day...

Hard times baby, well they come to us all
Sure as the tickin' of the clock on the wall
Sure as the turnin' of the night into day
Your smile, girl, brings the morning light to my eyes
Lifts away the blues when I rise
I hope that you're coming to stay...


--The Boss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home