Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Sunday was good; I had a lot of fun eating lunch with my extended family (mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, stepnephew and stepniece, baby niece, and "adopted" aunt and uncle). We got huge servings of Italian food at this restaurant in Richmond and during the meal they passed out the presents. I got a giant bubble-making kit which I am going to try out as soon as I finish this blog (yippee skippee! Thank you, Harry and Jane). I also got a bunch of books, to while away the hours when I should be working but don't feel like it (plus I got all that free time with exams coming up, on the days when I don't have anything scheduled). Then there was the ever-useful and ever-wonderful money (mmm...), and my parents brought me a bunch of food. Cup Noodles and Swiss cake rolls.

Wait...Swiss cake rolls??

You guys must miss me. :-p

But Monday was not so good, sadly. I had a bunch of stuff happen that kind of brought me down, including, but not limited to, losing (but luckily finding) my lucky plaid cloth cap and getting in a bike accident. The bike accident is rather a metaphor for my life right now. It tore me up and left me bleeding and in pain, but ultimately, I was forced to get up and walk away. Some bike accidents are like that; you can't get ambulance rides away from all of 'em.
I'll let you guys mull over the symbology of that, but suffice it to say that my Monday fulfilled every possible expectation a superstitious person could dream of. With that in mind, here's looking forward to Friday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home