Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Meh. So-so day. English and Chem were both pretty boring: we're watching the film version of Tess in the former and studying dehydration of alcohols in the latter, and I guess I'm underwhelmed and overwhelmed at the same time. This afternoon was fun, though...I took the Bubble Thing (and yes, that is its formal name) out to the Sunken Gardens and within five minutes this girl came running up. Apparently she saw the huge, beachball-sized ones from the far end of the Gardens and wanted to see what was going on. So I guess it is a chick magnet, if only in the literal, singular sense of the word. At any rate, we hung out for a bit, she tried her hand at it and made a few. This group of prospective students came by while we were waiting for the wind to die down; one of the girls in it asked me if what I was doing was for a class. I was tempted to say, Yes, we're doing a field study on the properties of miscible polar liquids. Here, we're testing the effects of wind, temperature, air pressure, and humidity on spherical contortions of a soap and water solution. But I didn't because she seemed like a nice kid. They asked me how many students we had, what the buildings around the Garden were, and the usual stuff. Nice people...friendly and curious.
Then I took a nap. Always a bad idea. My stomach, for some strange reason, gets really upset whenever I take naps during the day. But when you're tired, you're tired, and I am worn out already. Here's hoping Exams don't destroy me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home