Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Early in the morning, risin' to the street
Light me up that cigarette and I strap shoes on my feet
Got to find a reason, a reason things went wrong
Got to find a reason why my money's all gone...

I got a dalmation, and I can still get high
I can play the guitar like a motherf***ing riot
Life is too short, so love the one you got
'Cause you might get run over or you might get shot...

-Sublime

A Post on the "Unnamed Girl"

One of the things that's always bothered me is that most of the girls I become interested in--and maybe this is true across the board--are unable to be straightforward. In the long run, it hurts me less to hear, "I'm really not interested, but we can still hang out or whatever" than to hear "Well, not today, but maybe next week..." The second response just gives me a sense of forlorn hope that ends up making me look like a jerk. Yes, I'm a reasonable human being--but I'm also male. Think of Lloyd in Dumb and Dumber: "So you're telling me there's a CHANCE!" My life has been devoid of that sort of "chance" for so long that I tend to make as much as I can out of the smallest stimulus. So, as usual, it's a failure on both parts...but even so, it's a lot less hurtful in the long run if a girl can be straightforward (not necessarily rude or hurtful--tact is possible, even in situations like these). But I'm guessing that's yet another forlorn hope.

"Bitches crazy, man. Bitches crazy."
(unknown man in a Cincinatti bar, addressed to Eric Anderson)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home