Monday, October 13, 2003

Okay, NOW I'm a formal pledge to Phi Mu Alpha. Or, a probationary member, I should say. They don't use the word pledge in legal documents anymore, and "goat rides" are strictly forbidden during the Rush period. If anyone can tell me what a goat ride is, I'll buy them a Coke--none of the brothers can tell me what it is either.
It was fun last night; we got our pledge pins and talked about meetings and dances and everything. It's so great--like I said, we're all geeks at one level or another. This is NOT your typical frat...I think not being a social frat has a lot to do with it. Anyways, one of the brothers lost his pin (not his pledge pin, his actual member's pin) and it turns out he's done this a lot. Luckily, I happened to have spotted it on my way into the building where we were having the meeting. So after everything was finished, I found it for him and he turns to the others and says,
"This guy's in!"
It's nice to have somebody indebted to you from the first day. This could be quite a bit of fun if I play my cards (and my music) right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home