Friday, October 10, 2003

Here's another online convo. Chiquitachikadee is Katie Rettig, one of my friends here in Billysburg. (This is all in reference to me saying I had cholera, a misoverexaggeration of my "hives.")

chiquitachikadee: what is cholera?
Gryffilion: a plague
chiquitachikadee: well, I know, but what happens when you get it
Gryffilion: sores, i think
Gryffilion: running wounds
Gryffilion: chills and fever
Gryffilion: you know
Gryffilion: the usual stuff
chiquitachikadee: oh
chiquitachikadee: yucky
chiquitachikadee: what do you do about it?
chiquitachikadee: antibiotic or something?
Gryffilion: I think you pre-order a cemetery plot and contact Jack Kevorkian

I saw a great shirt today that said "UN? What's that?" Perhaps in a few more decades people really WILL be saying that, after that modern-day League of Notions is banished in disgrace to Hell or Mordor or France. After all, we can hope, can't we?
Oh yes, and I pledged to Phi Mu Alpha, the music frat here on campus. It's really cool--they're all geeks like me, and they play instruments too! It's so perfect. Most of them aren't vocalists (chamber music, etc., etc.) but they still sing pretty well. Anyways, should be a good time.
I read an interesting thing today on Fox that there's a million dollar allocation in a HUGE ($387 B) Congressional bill called "Shakespeare for Soldiers." Maybe they'll teach our boys some more colorful battle langauge (although I can envision something like "Lay on, bin-Waleed-bin-Abdul-al-Mohammed-bin...ah, the hell with it." *BLAM*). Next: "Milton for Marines." Can I get a "HOOYAH, SERGEANT!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home