Sunday, September 07, 2003

Went frat-hopping tonight. I noticed as we walked to one of the units, Pi Sigma Tau or Why Me Now or something like that, that broken glass littered the ground in front of all the buildings and shone from the reflection all the lights, like hard chips of brightness from a thousand fallen stars. The parties...well, Hollywood doesn't exaggerate much. A line from Faust pops to mind: "Why, this is Hell, nor am I out of it."
It wasn't all bad, though. Since I was out so late I managed to get the piece of bamboo I've been wanting to drag back here without having to worry about a bunch of people seeing me and thinking I'm weird. Which I am. But I want them to think I'm weird for better reasons than carrying a large piece of bamboo around campus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home