Friday, September 12, 2003

I missed putting anything in for September 11th yesterday, so here's a late post. In a way, though, it's not just for 9/11 alone, but for the time between then and now and the time to come as well. I guess I'd like to think that we can look up after our proper time of grief and remembrance and see what needs to be done--and in so knowing, make the world a safer, better place. Onward and upward...excelsior.

WARRIOR by Wishbone Ash

I'm leaving to search for something new,
Leaving everything I ever knew.
A hundred years in the sunshine
Hasn't taught me all there is to know.
In the valley, we will gather there,
Helpless in our surrender.
Tomorrow the plow becomes the sword--
Make us stronger in our danger.
Time will pass away,
Time will guard our secret.
I'll return again
To fight another day.
I'd have to be a warrior--
A slave I couldn't be.
A soldier and a conqueror,
Fighting to be free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home